Cats act differently when their owners aren’t around. With the help of cat cameras, you can watch your cats and even talk to them. There are a lot of options, especially when it comes to the extra features. For example, some cat cameras have laser pointers, others can work as kibble dispensers, and some can be used as interactive cat cameras. We’ve put together a list of the best cat cameras we could find to help you decide which one could win your heart.
Also Read: 4 Best Pet Scales for Weighing a Cat
Things to Consider Before Buying a Cat Camera
Some cat cameras are just regular cameras that can help you keep an eye on your cats when you’re not there. But some cat cameras are made to do more than watch and monitor your cats for you. This is because some companies are smart enough to think about what else your cats might need when you’re not home.
These companies have built-in voice communication so you can talk to your cats at work or on vacation. They also have a treat dispenser to feed them regularly so that you don’t have to worry about them when you aren’t there and a laser pointer for your cat to play with while chasing that red dot. By considering the things below is how we choose the best cat cameras on the market:
Cats are more agile and sneaky than other domesticated animals. This means they can move quickly from one place to another, hide in places you wouldn’t think to look, like small boxes or dark, narrow spaces, or even sit in corners that are hard to see. Camera quality is one of the key features of cat cameras.
This is why it’s essential to have a cat camera with a great camera so you can catch and follow their movements quickly. You might want one with a 1080p HDR resolution and an evident and sharp video.
Integration of Smartphone Apps
What good is a cat camera if it doesn’t work with an app on your phone? You might not get as much use out of a camera for your cat that can only record video when you’re not there. You might want one that lets you see and watch your cats from far away, interact with them, and even talk to them when you are not there. All of the cat cameras on our list can be used with apps. Integration with smartphone apps enhances the experience of the use of cat cameras.
Cats usually don’t sleep at night; you can do fun things with them as I did with mine. The image is from the Furbo camera, which takes the best pictures at night.
List of the Best Cat Cameras
|1.||Petcube Play 2 & Bites Wi-Fi Pet Camera|
|2.||Furbo 360° Pets Camera|
|3.||SKYMEE Owl Robot: Best HD Mobile Pet Camera|
|4.||VISON Indoor Cat Camera|
|5.||VSTARCAM Cat Camera|
The following is the list of the best cat cameras available:-
- Furbo 360° Pets Camera- Best for Both Dogs and Cats
- Petcube Play 2 & Bites Wi-Fi Pet Camera- Best Cat Camera with Built-In Alexa
- SKYMEE Owl Robot: Best HD Mobile Pet Camera
- VSTARCAM Cat Camera- Best Wireless Cat Camera
- VISON Indoor Cat Camera- Best Night Vision Cat Camera
1. Petcube Play 2 & Bites Wi-Fi Pet Camera – Best Cat Camera with Built-In Alexa
The Petcube Play 2 Wi-Fi Smart Pet Camera is an interactive camera for cats that includes Alexa and a laser toy. With this cat camera, you can keep an eye on your cat when you’re not there and play with it using your phone and the laser toy built into the Petcube device. Instead of the laser, I prefer, the Petcube Bites 2 model comes with a device that gives out treats.
The laser toy feature is excellent because it lets you play with your pets even when you can’t be there. It can also help keep their bodies in good shape by giving them some exercise. With the Petcube Play 2 cat wifi camera, you can not only take pictures and videos of your lovely cats, but you can also talk to and listen to them. This cat camera has a built-in chat with a vet, which is very helpful in case of an emergency or if you have questions about your cat’s health.
- 160 degrees full room view
- It has two-way audio so you can talk to your cats
- 1080p HDR makes the video clear and sharp
- Night vision lets you see better at night or in low light. A laser toy lets your cats play and interact with it
- Alerts that make noise or move
- It works with both 4G and 4G wifi networks
- Compatible with iOS 11 and higher and Android 7.1.2 and higher
- No feature that gives out treats
- Some features can only be used if you pay for them
2. Furbo 360° Pets Camera – Best for Both Dogs and Cats
Furbo 360° Dog Camera is popular among dog parents. It is on a list of the best cameras and treats dispensers for dogs.
Even though the Furbo 360° Dog Camera is designed for dogs, I always use it to watch my cat. Because it can find cats independently, I think this is the best choice for a cat camera. It gives cat parents a 360-degree view of the room as it rotates and moves with your cat. Since Furbo 360° has 1080p full HD resolution, you can also record your cat’s activities in high-quality videos and photos while you are away.
The Furbo 360° Dog Camera has two-way audio so you and your cat can talk to each other in real time. It comes with a high-quality microphone and speaker that are built right in. With this feature, you can talk to your cat when upset to calm him down or make him laugh. It also has volume control for your pet’s ears right inside the app.
The best thing about this device is that you can use the free Furbo app on your phone to give your cat treats with a tap. it is the best choice for cat cameras.
This pet camera doesn’t just put treats in a dish; it throws them in the air for your cat to catch or chase. The latest version of Furbo has a mechanism that can be changed to make it throw more quietly. You can now choose between small and ample treats to meet your pet’s nutritional needs.
- 360 degrees rotating view
- Auto movement detection
- Color night vision
- Colored pictures were taken in low light
- 1080p Full HD 4x Digital Zoom
- You can change the size of treats to suit your cat.
- Design that won’t leak
- Compatible with Alexa and can be linked to it
- Some features can only be used if you pay for a subscription
3. SKYMEE Owl Robot: Best HD Mobile Pet Camera
The SKYMEE Owl Robot is a great intelligent and interactive cat camera with a treat dispenser and a full HD camera. This is a unique camera for cats because it has a treat dispenser that can throw kibbles for snack time and move around your house.
This can make your cat curious and help them keep their body and mind in shape by giving them physical and mental challenges. You can also control the SKYMEE Owl Robot’s movements with the app on your phone or set it to move independently. It is one of the best cameras on the market.
The best size for kibble is between 4 mm and 16 mm, and it can hold up to 50 grams. This cat camera is also good because it can drop treats as it moves around, so your cats can follow them—curiosity plus physical activity pays off in the end.
The full 1080p HD camera lets you save and share high-quality pictures and videos of your cats with family and friends.
- For your cat’s snack time, a dispenser for treats. Night vision so you can see them even when it’s dark.
- You can talk to them, and they can talk back to you.
- Very interactive mobile robot cat camera that moves, making your cat curious.
- This robot will respond to being touched. because it has TF recording and PIR detection. It can be used for 8 hours straight.
- Only 2.4G wifi connections are supported.
- TF card not included.
- According to customer reviews, the low battery alert won’t stop until you turn off your phone.
4. VISON Indoor Cat Camera – Best Night Vision Cat Camera
The VISON Indoor Cat Camera with Night Vision and Two-Way Audio is an excellent camera for your cats and home. It has a full 360-degree panoramic view of your surroundings and a built-in motion detector that will record short clips and send them to your phone if there’s something you should be worried about, like theft.
- Very affordable
- High-quality two-way audio lets you talk to your cats more clearly and easily.
- 1080p plus night vision lets you see at night or in dark places.
- 3D nav pan/tilt lets you see everything at any time.
- It doesn’t work with Android and iOS devices
- Only 2.4G wifi connections are supported.
- Short extension cord
- Controlling motion is complex.
5. VSTARCAM Cat Camera – Best Wireless Cat Camera
The VSTARCAM Wireless Cat Camera with Laser Cat Camera is a high-quality laser camera for cats. This lets you play with your cats even when you’re not home. Letting your cats chase the laser dot is an excellent way to keep them strong and healthy.
You can use their app to control this laser from afar or set it up to move independently, so you don’t have to. This cat camera with a laser has a two-way intercom so you can talk to and hear your cats simultaneously. It also gives your home 360-degree protection with a 107-degree view and 355 and 120 degrees horizontal and vertical rotation, respectively.
- Laser pointer to play with your funny cat (can be controlled via app or computer)
- 1080p plus night vision for better viewing
- Two-way intercom so you can talk to your cats
- iOS and Android devices can use it.
- Up to 24 hours of video can be recorded.
- No more than 128G TF (not included) plus cloud storage
- Only 2.4G wifi connections are supported
- Hard to put together
- The app is hard to use
- Camera and laser controls are not separate
Also Read: Can Cats Drink Oat Milk?
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Should I talk to my cat through the camera?
When you talk to your cat through the camera’s speaker, your cat will be able to hear you. This might also make you feel better about the kitty being home alone. Set up furniture or put up a kitty perch so your cat can look out the window. Leave a piece of clothing that smells like you for your cat to cuddle up.
Which is the best pet camera?
The Furbo 360° Dog Camera is the best pet camera for cats and dogs. It has more features than the original Furbo and is better than it. It still has a 1080p Full HD camera with night vision and two-way audio, so you and your pet can hear each other. It also has a system that sends notifications on your phone whenever it hears your pet.
Can you put a GoPro on a cat?
The GoPro HD camera can be attached to many things, like helmets, surfboards, cars, etc. It’s also small enough and light enough to hang around your cat’s neck, so it seems.
Can pet cameras be hacked?
Even if you don’t believe it, hackers love pet cameras because they give them a private view of your home and can send out sensitive information. This information can then be used to steal your identity, blackmail you, or even help thieves break into your home while you’re away.
For your pet’s safety, you need to have some cameras installed at your home to monitor them. But before buying such a product, you need to know which one will best meet your needs. In this article, I have compiled the list of the best cat cameras available to buy according to your requirements.